Wednesday 27 April 2016

Abbas - Texture Maps

Here are the baked out maps from xNormal. I'm really happy with how they turned out eventually; they took a fair bit of tweaking, fixing errors by painting them by hand but I think the end result is quite impressive. I look forward to assembling these maps into materials that I can apply to my low poly, I'm hoping that the result will look close to how my high poly appeared. UV mapping is still by far my weakest point, so focusing on UV mapping, edge flow, seam placement and texture creation will definitely be my focus over the summer as I work on smaller projects. These are some of my more successful maps as they have retained a very high level of detail like the pattern on the waistcoat, so hopefully this high level of detail will show up on my actual low poly model.

No comments:

Post a Comment