Sunday 24 April 2016

Abbas - Building the Low Poly

Using a combination of decimating and zRemeshing in zBrush, I was able to extract some of my high poly with minimal fuss. Unfortunately it was not an entirely painless process; I had to quad draw the torso, arms and legs from scratch, but this allowed me to rebuild the topology and only use the amount of detail that I actually needed. As a result, my torso is quite conservative in regards to the poly count, I even added in more edge loops as myself and my tutor felt I had gone too low poly and unnecessarily sacrificed detail. The head and hands extracted from zBrush quite nicely, with minimal clean up required in Maya. The real trouble was getting the two separate meshes to flow into one another; the head had much more detail as I didn't want to lose structure in the face, but I wanted to keep the body fairly simple, so I had to triangulate the mesh around the wrists and neck where it would not be visible to achieve the topology I desired. The topology is looking good at the moment, I need to extract the coat that I modelled in zBrush but hopefully the remeshing tools will work in my favour and the process will be painless.

No comments:

Post a Comment