Thursday 26 March 2015

Visual Arts and Animation: Maya Assessment Progress.3 - Final Render

I unwrapped the mesh, which I found fairly straightforward once I had wrapped my head around the best places to insert the seams and cuts. The process is pretty streamlined and much easier than I remembered, guess that means I'm learning! With the mesh unwrapped and the UVs laid out correctly, I could start texturing it.
I went about creating the texture in Photoshop, using the reference image to plan out where everything should be, and match the colours accurately. It was a lot of trial and error getting the belt to line up on the front and back, and getting the shoes and eyes to look right. I am really happy with how this turned out, it feels nice to have accomplished something that I never would have been able to do at the beginning of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment