Thursday 26 March 2015

Visual Arts and Animation: Maya Assessment Progress.2

With the character modelled and subdivided to add more detail and shape to the figure, it is ready to be unwrapped and textured. I am really pleased with how the mesh looks, I think the edge flow is very effective in describing the form of the character, and I have used the smooth tool where necessary. I decided not to smooth the shoes, as I like the sharper definition they have compared to the more organic shape of the clothes and body. I think I will attempt to texture it in Photoshop rather than Mudbox; whilst I do enjoy Mudbox for sculpting and painting, I think for something like this with a very specific reference, it would be more appropriate to use Photoshop to accurately match colour, and directly pick logos from the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment