Monday 24 November 2014

Proportions: Elf

Absolutely love how these turned out. I've always been aware of the head proportions rule, but I've never put it into effect or to good use, so when we looked at it closely in class, I thought it would be a good opportunity to give it a chance. I'm very happy with the results, and I'd probably say these are some of the best drawings I've done, definitely the best digital ones. I just felt a lot more comfortable drawing anatomy and the figure when I had the rough guidelines for proportions, which surprised me. I thought I'd feel restricted, but it instead made my drawings much more believable and a much better quality. I'll definitely be using it to proportion my drawings from now on, even when I'm drawing creatures and fantasy characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment