Tuesday 3 November 2015

Hylian Shield - Maya Modelling

For my 'Triple A Game Asset' project, I have chosen to model the Hylian Shield from The Legend of Zelda. It is mainly my love for the game series that made me want to model the iconic shield, but I also wanted to see how it would look in a realistic aesthetic, since most of the games are highly stylised. I searched for some references to use, and found a physical metal version of the shield that somebody had made, so I used that as inspiration. I began by modelling the low poly model in Maya, using Quad Draw for a bulk of the complex shapes. The curved surface of the shield proved problematic at first, however once I'd worked around it by bending a flat plate the shield really started to come together. I'm really liking how it looks at the minute and I'm looking forward to pulling it into zBrush to add all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment