Tuesday 3 November 2015

Wolf - Concept and Character Art

A whole bunch of environment concepts and character concept work for our group game project 'Wolf'. I'm really liked the stylised aesthetic with the flat colour and the black outlines, as it gives the art style that distinct pop. The character of Rosa went through a few iterations although her appearance has been very clear to me since the start. The final character sheet that our character artist will use to model her gives the best look at her design, as it features the most accurate colour samples and proportions. The environment art is undeniably my weak side, but I think I managed to capture the increasingly desperate tone as she gets closer to the truth, and night creeps in. I anted to avoid our vibrant and funky colour palette being washed out when it turned to night time, so I chose to pick out some blues and purples to maintain the stylised aesthetic and colour palette even when it was dark. I think this worked very well and gives the night time a distinctly vibrant feel to it. I may tone down the colours in the final pieces of concept art just to make it feel more menacing and tense.

No comments:

Post a Comment