Saturday 12 September 2015

Summer Cyborg Project: Creating the High Poly

I sent my low poly version into Mudbox,and spent a good few days remembering how to use everything, but after a refresher, I was soon adding the detail I had been looking forward to seeing on my model. I created the entirety of my high poly model in Mudbox, as I found it the best tool at my disposal for achieving what I wanted to achieve. I did attempt to use quad draw in Maya to create some initial detail, but I couldn't create anything that looked anywhere near as good as Mudbox, so I stuck with that. I really love how the high poly looks, and I expected a lot of the detail to be lost when I transferred the maps to the low poly, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much the low poly looked like the high poly after the transfer.
With my low poly now showing the detail of the high poly, I could approach the final stage, which would be the texturing. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment