Saturday 11 October 2014

Social networking pays off...

So today was a pretty great day. I've been a fan of the Lego franchise of video games ever since the original Lego Star Wars back in '05, I think they're incredible games and their core attitude towards fun gameplay experiences has remained intact for almost 10 years now. A big bunch of developers, artists and designers from Tt Games, the company who makes the Lego games, joined Twitter a year or so ago, and being a huge fan o their games, I started tweeting Arthur Parsons, the Game Director on a number of Lego titles, as well as a few other employees, and eventually I got talking to them quite often and communicating regularly. So anyway, I've been posting drawings and sketches on Twitter for over a year now, both of my general artwork and my Lego character designs and ideas. Recently, this past summer I was doing a lot of character designs for the upcoming game Lego Batman 3, and I drew up a design for this really crazy obscure character called Music Meister, and requested for him to be in the game. Today at the Comic Con panel for Lego Batman 3, not only did they reveal an official screenshot for Music Meister (who looks uncannily similar to my original design and plays excellently), but the Assistant Game Director Stephen Sharples mentioned my drawings and one of the drawings I'd done in particular over the summer, in front of the entire crowd and panel of DC Comics legends and voice actors no less! So yeah, I guess social networking payed off big time in regards to this link to the guys at Tt Games I've been working at for the past year or so! I think I'll keep this blog updated with any other happenings in regards to Tt Games, especially since it's proving to be an ever growing link and I'd love to work there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment