Monday 7 December 2015

Hylian Shield - Quixel Texture Pass

After creating my maps in xNormal, I was able to bring my low poly model into Quixel and begin creating some high quality textures. This was the most time consuming part of the entire project; I spent upwards of 25 hours on this part since Quixel was giving me so many problems. I eventually got my textures to work correctly and appear as they should so I could begin texturing my object. Once it was working smoothly I really enjoyed this part as it is very satisfying seeing the model take on a highly polished and detailed appearance. I applied a wooden texture to the back of the shield which gave it a very realistic aesthetic which I love, and the rest was a combination of different metal materials coloured and adjusted differently. Quixel is a great tool I would definitely use again as it has produced some of my best work. Now to get it into Unreal and light it in a scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment